27 November 2011

The Holidays

Many things happen around the holidays, whether they be good or bad. Friends and family get together and renew love that is always there for each other, dormant. Or are they?

My family seems to be at a time where we seem split, almost down the middle. In comparison to when I was young, I feel as though my family has grown apart more than closer together. I know that each of my mother's siblings have started their own families and have been expanding, but it just doesn't seem right to not have everyone together for the holidays. I wish my family would solve their differences.

As my boyfriend, Joseph, and I become closer and more serious in our relationship, we have began to try and equally divide our time so that we spend time with both of our families. It's kind of hard to do, I must admit. He's going to Kansas next weekend to have his Thanksgiving with the larger part of his family, but I am staying in Oklahoma. He came and had dinner with my family on the actual day. I don't know what we are going to do for Christmas though, I bet we figure it out.

I have a confession to make: I hate meeting my significant other's family. I've had bad experiences in the past and so I just don't know how to handle the situation now.

With that confession out of the way, Joseph and I are going to be spending New Year's Eve with his grandparents in Sulpher, Oklahoma. He adores his grandparents so much and I really can't wait to meet them, I just don't want them to be disappointed in their grandson's choice of girlfriend. I'm so afraid of judgement. Ugh.

The holidays have much in store for me, it seems. I will just have to wait and see how it all pans out. I hope your holidays are all fine and dandy. Hopefully your turkeys were plump, your deer will be large, and your Christmas will be filled with much love and the joy of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone's thoughts are welcome, just pick your words carefully!