20 July 2012

Book Review: Committed

This is another book authored by Elizabeth Gilbert. Once again it is her experiences within her own life written down for everyone to read. Although, she claims in this book that the novel is written for herself and then a set of her closest women friends of varying age and marital status.

First off, I would only only only recommend this book to a woman (possibly man) that is getting married.

The reason being for this very specific criteria is that while it does outline Liz's struggle to marry her Brazilian love, it mostly contains the research that Liz did before getting married. All the facts that lay within the pages are amazing facts, ones that interested me even though I'm not getting married anytime soon. I just think that someone who is getting married soon and has fears about marriage would benefit a great deal more than I did. Though decently entertaining, I don't believe the purpose of it was to entertain.

You can purchase this book on your Kindle, I don't remember how much though.

For a serious rating of one to ten with ten being the best, I would give this book a seven. Only because it wasn't a book that I needed to read at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone's thoughts are welcome, just pick your words carefully!