18 July 2012

Book Review: Eat, Pray, Love

Where do I even start with this book? Eat, Pray, Love is authored by Elizabeth Gilbert (who refers to herself as "Liz" on occasion). This book is an account of her journey to find herself, if you can even call it that.

First of all, I would recommend this book to any girl or woman (probably about 13 or 14 and up) at any stage in their life that has given up on themselves and most importantly their concept of love. This could also just be read for enjoyment by anyone else, but if you need some inspiration to not give up on love, it's in this book. Pinky promise.

For the synopsis: This book is an autobiography, although the author states it may not be super accurate because of her lack of being able to remember conversations word for word. Throughout the novel, Liz recounts her time in Italy, India, and Bali. She takes a year off to travel through these three wonderful places to learn how to enjoy herself, pray, and then balance it all. Read the novel to be moved by a woman who explores her own suffering, pleasure, peace, and then love.

I'm not sure how much this book is or even if you can get it on your Kindle for a very special friend of mine gave me my copy as a gift while I was going through a rough time. I still love her to this day for that.

Elizabeth Gilbert is a talented writer and she showcases her work in this one of a kind novel. Please read this, for a give it a ten star rating! Warning: You might bawl. Make sure to have some tissues nearby. I needed them while I was reading.

Kisses, Andrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone's thoughts are welcome, just pick your words carefully!