04 July 2012

Book Review: Vampire Kisses

Okay, I know. The title of this blog post sounds like a bad romance. It sort of is. I thought I would try my hand at a book review. Although Vampire Kisses is a romance, in no way is it bad. This book was authored by Ellen Schreiber.

First of all, I would recommend this book for someone over the age of twelve but not any older than, let's say, about nineteen. It might be because I fall into this age range that I found this book quite entertaining and I just couldn't put it down.

For a quick synopsis, the novel is about a teenage goth girl, named Raven, who is trapped in a town where everything is quite plain and nothing ever happens. That is, until a strange family moves into an abandoned mansion. Through various events Raven's world is turned upside down by a handsome boy who is thought to be a vampire by the unsuspecting townsfolk. You'll have to read the book to find out more!

If you're now dying to read this book, I must warn you that it's a series, but you can get it and the sequels on your Kindle! Vampire Kisses is a mere $6.99!

I believe that this could be a book that could go places, if only people weren't tired out by the whole teen vampire romance theme. I happen to love that theme because even though it is overused, different authors approach it in such different ways. I will say, Schreiber is an amazing author that understands her character and seems to lose herself in her own stories. It is creative and while the main character is always up to something, takes a more innocent approach to a romantic theme. On a scale of one to thumbs up, I give it jumps for joy!

Please read this book. I promise you won't regret it (Maybe you will, but you can blame your unhappiness on me. I won't care).

Kisses, Andrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone's thoughts are welcome, just pick your words carefully!