28 October 2011

Boomer Party!

My football team, the Woodward Boomers, won their game tonight against the Elgin Owls. We won 21-10. Since our district record is now 4-2, that means we are going to playoffs, no if, ands, or buts about it. It's my senior year and we finally made it to the playoffs. The Boomers haven't been to playoffs since 2008.

For a small amount of back story, the class of 2012 (my class, obviously) went undefeated our freshmen year. The last freshmen team to go undefeated won state their senior year. So now you understand why it's so important to win. Such pressure. I like it. It makes for pre-game jitters, which aren't necessarily a bad thing.

If you're confused as to why I'm concerned with the football team and I say "we" like I play or something... I don't play but I'm a manager. Which means I do whatever the boys and coaches want me to do. I like it. I have made some of the best friends of my life through football and I don't know what I would do without them. I probably wouldn't be surviving the season.

I'm so proud of the boys, they deserve this. They have worked so hard and I know this because I have been right there with them the whole way.

Well, last week of the regular season is next week and then we are on to Round One of playoffs. I can't wait to see how far we make it. I love Boomer Football.

Ain't no party like a Boomer Party! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone's thoughts are welcome, just pick your words carefully!